Hello! I'd like to suggest The thing is considered for sysop status. His contributions have lots of reverts to previous versions (ie, spam removed), and this task is a million times easier with the ability to rollback pages. His user page is a bit strange, but other than that he's doing a great job. --H2g2bob 16:32, 28 May 2006 (CEST)
- Well, uh of course I 2nd that. The thing 18:40, 28 May 2006 (CEST)
I know you posted ages ago (sorry, was doing my dissertation like a crazy fool over easter) but if you still want to add me to Google map thing, I'm at:
- <marker username="h2g2bob" fullname="David Batley" location="Exeter, UK" blurb="" lat="50.749056" lon="-3.530045" title="Developer"/>
I can't edit /team/team.xml myself - no SVN access :( It's interesting to see how many Europeans there are. Plus Xtophe is just (well 100km) down the road - how cool! --h2g2bob 18:08, 24 April 2007 (CEST)
- Done. Thanks. Dionoea 18:05, 30 April 2007 (CEST)
On Demuxdump the following example is given :
vlc http://example.org/shoutcast.mp3 :demux=dump :demuxdump-file=output.mp3
You say that the ":" syntax is correct (by the way I didn't get anything out of you explantion in the Edit page). If it is, then can you explain to me why this actually does not work on my mac:
vlc http://188.8.131.52:9915 :demux=dump :demuxdump-file=output.mp3
giving the following errors:
 access_http access: Raw-audio server found, mp3 demuxer selected
 demuxdump demuxer: dumping raw stream to file `/Volumes/Proton/output.mp3'
 demuxdump demuxer: closing /Volumes/Proton/output.mp3 (0 Kbytes dumped)
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.2.0cvs from http://dvd.sf.net
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Can't stat demuxdump-file=output.mp3
No such file or directory
libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
 main input error: no suitable access module for `:demuxdump-file=output.mp3'
 main playlist: nothing to play
while this one works:
vlc http://184.108.40.206:9915 --demux=dump --demuxdump-file=output.mp3
Hi Dionea! Sorry for that one. I just oversaw the Editing Guidelines. As I've got some spare time the next month, I'd love to contribute to VLC. As I'm (by now) not that good a coder, I thought I'd start with the wiki (which is a rather easy field). So, are there any tasks which are of high priority? Also, as I'm not that very familiar with the inner workings VLC, is there any particular developer I can contact when I stumble upon something I don't understand (j-b?)?
Regards, Salut, --materthron 14:24, 28 January 2008 (CET)
- You should try hanging out on the #videolan IRC channel on Freenode. People there will be able to give you ideas. Contributions can be source code, but we'd also be really interested if you feel like writing (or at least help writing) some documentation. Depending on what you want to work on, different people will be able to help ... I can't name any universal VLC guru as none exists (well ... none of the folks that are on IRC).
- Cheers, Dionoea 10:31, 31 January 2008 (CET)
Need help in order to contribute
Hello, I a French student and I want to contribute to VLC project. I have some knowledge in C and C++ development. So, I need somebody to help me and give me some tasks I can do. Have a nice day ^^. Binnette 16:42, 19 October 2008 (CEST)