This guide will help you compile VLC media player for your platform.
This guide is intended for developers and power users. Compiling VLC is not an easy task.
You should come on IRC to assist you during this phase.
Warning: Please, do not put pre-release test binaries or git-compiles on software sites or on user-forums. We've had bad experiences with this before and we do not appreciate it.
These are the main steps to follow to compile VLC :
- Prepare your compile environment,
- Grab the source of VLC media player,
- Bootstrap, using the ./bootstrap script, if you took the code from repository,
- Prepare the extras libraries needed for VLC media player, read the list,
- Build, using make,
- and Profit!
Compile for one Operating System
There are the special compile guides for every OS you want VLC.
- How to compile for WinCE (outdated)
- How to compile on BeOS (outdated)
- How to cross-compile for old ARM-based PDAs (outdated)
Other compile guides
- How to compile a module outside of VLC source tree
- Compile DirectFB plugin
- Contrib Status - 3rd party libraries status.
- Links to the packaging in various distros
See also Category:Operating systems.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Building"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.