The Video Acceleration API is an API designed to provide hardware acceleration for graphic application using the processing power of graphic cards. Drivers exists for Intel graphic cards. A backend for the VDPAU API (by nVidia) has been released and the same is under way for ATI cards.
Thus, this project aims to implement a decoder and the corresponding video output for VLC, using the power of VA API to reduce CPU consumption while reading h.264, VC-1 and MPEG-4 videos.
- March, 23: Official start date
- June, 5: End of classes, I will be fully available for GSoC from this date
- June, 8: (Report 0) Report on already existing solutions (other softwares)
- June, 15: (Report 1)
- June, 22: (Report 2) Functional VAAPI Decoder
- June, 29: (Report 3)
- July, 5: (Report 4) Functional VAAPI Video Output
- July, 12: (Report 5) Mid-term evaluations
- July, 19: (Report 6) Integration of video filters
- July, 26: (Report 7) Debugging
- August, 3: (Report 8) Documentation
- August, 10: «Pencil down» date