Jump to navigation Jump to search
|VLC can encode and decode this container. |
The module name to use at the command line is ogg.
Below are the compatible codecs for OGG.
Accepted audio codecs
- vorb: Vorbis handles general audio data at mid- to high-level bitrates (~16-256 kbit/s/channel)
- flac: Free lossless audio codec. Has same sound quality as wave, but only cca half the size.
- spx: Speex handles voice data at low bitrates (~8-32 kbit/s/channel)
Accepted video codecs
- theo: Theora based upon On2's VP3, it is targeted at competing with MPEG-4 video (i.e. DivX and XviD), RealVideo, or Windows Media Video.
- tark (decoding only): Tarkin, an experimental codec utilizing 3D wavelet transforms. It has been put on hold, with Theora becoming the main focus for video encoding.
- mpgv: MPEG
- mp4v: MPEG-4
- div3: DIVX 3
- mjpg: MPJPEG video
- wmv1, wmv2, wmv3: Windows media
- ms (decoding only):
- xvid (decoding only):
- cmml (decoding only): Text information
- modules/mux/ogg.c (output muxer)
- modules/demux/ogg.c (input demuxer)
Some of this page is taken from the Wikipedia article on this subject.