Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: libVLC Visual C++
This page refers to all the Work using the .Net platform interaction with VLC.
You can find HowTos and other informations.
- You can incorporate the VideoLAN ActiveX control like any other ActiveX Control (generating an Interop Assembly using `aximp.exe`, etc). In practice this is Windows-only.
- You can use a .NET wrapper for libVLC (see below). Compatible with more platforms.
- You can write your own wrapper. Writing a wrapper to LibVlc from .NET should not be that hard. Or adjust an existing wrapper to your liking.
Related projects dealing with a .Net wrapper for libvlc:
Vlc.DotNet is the most advanced as of January 2016.
- .Net Interface to VLC (actually LibVLC)
- libvlcnet - .NET library based on libvlc
- Videolan.Interop for libvlc 0.9.0
- Marx C# wrapper for libvlc 0.9.0
- Vlc.DotNet for WinForms & WPF, moved to Vlc.DotNet and still maintained as of January 2016.
- VLC Element for WPF
- Using ActiveX API allows any license for your caller code.
- Since LibVLC is LGPL, using it directly allows proprietary code (but watch out respecting LGPL, which includes letting end user replace the LGPL library with their own variant).
- Some wrappers have a permissive licence (e.g. MIT) which also allows proprietary code.