Difference between revisions of "X264 Development Notes"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 04:14, 12 July 2010
- H.264 and Mpeg-4 Video Compression: Video Coding for Next Generation Multimedia, Iain E. G. Richardson
- Be willing to learn
- Ask Questions (irc.freenode.net/#x264dev)
- Sample clips: http://media.xiph.org/video/derf
- check out elecard streameye
- Performance improvements (asm optimization, etc), particularly wanted: NEON stuff.
- Algorithmic improvements. Examples of past projects: viterbi, b-adapt, macroblock-tree, ratecontrol, psy-rd
- support for new features in the h.264 spec, such as: MBAFF, 4:2:2/4:4:4, weightp, 10-bit
- Support for new enconder features independent of the spec, such as: sliced threads, low-latency output, threadpools, etc
- new external-to-the-main-encoder features (x264 features), such as audio support, new output muxers, new input modules, filters, etc