We Use VideoLAN
Do you have some cool project you use VideoLAN for? Post a link and a small description here.
- JediMaster and friends are building a Mars balloon at the Univertsity of Kent which uses VideoLAN to stream images back to earth.
Distributed VideoLAN Server Management
- Bart Kerver from SURFnet has created software to manage multiple VideoLAN servers.
Cypherpunk version of MacBeth
- People at Pirate Utopia are using VLC in a MacBeth-inspired show to display ASCII-art video.
- Advene (Annotate DVDs, Exchange on the Net) aims at providing a format to share annotations about movies stored on DVDs, as well as tools to edit and visualize the annotations. It uses VLC to play/extract info from the DVD's
Las Vegas Security Lines
- On the Las Vegas Airport, people in line for the security checks are treated to some 'how to keep the line as short as possible' movies. These movies are being streamed with VLC.
- They have a vlc module for their system. Exact use unknown
- They are probably using x264 for their video encoding
Participatory Culture Foundation
- DTV is a webbased player for their RSS based videoblogging system that uses our mozilla plugin
- Annodex is a system for metadata, hyperlinking and browing media content. Their webmodule uses a customized version of our mozilla plugin
- This application is based on VLC and uses Bonjour announcements to share video broadcasts.
- Extension to Sailing Clicker to allow you to use a PDA or phone to control VLC trough a bluetooth connection.
VLC romeo plugins
- Plugins to use Romeo to control VLC trough a bluetooth PDA or phone.
- A very nice Dashboard widget that uses the VLC webinterface to control a remote VLC. VLC remote hompage.
- Free ADSL use VideoLAN.
FreePlayer permet de visioner des vidéo ou d'écouter des fichier audio d'un ordinateur sur la télévision.