We Use VideoLAN
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Advene project
- 2 Annodex
- 3 The Balloon
- 4 ControlAulas
- 5 Cory Doctorow
- 6 Cypherpunk version of MacBeth
- 7 dboxTV
- 8 Distributed VideoLAN Server Management
- 9 Miro Player
- 10 DentiFreeX
- 11 Elephant's Dream
- 12 Free
- 13 Google, inc.
- 14 Kantaris Media Player
- 15 Knots - Media streaming webapp for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and OS X
- 16 Las Vegas Security Lines
- 17 Metavid
- 18 Mírame
- 19 Neuros OSD2
- 20 Neutrino MoviePlayer
- 21 OSSTL: Open Source Studio to Transmitter Link (STL)
- 22 Østfold University College
- 23 Participatory Culture Foundation
- 24 Plutohome
- 25 SEMs
- 26 Sinderon SinCast
- 27 Tryst
- 28 UmeTV
- 29 UnPlug
- 30 Urifs
- 31 VLC Controller
- 32 VLC Remote
- 33 VLC Romeo Plugins
- 34 VLMC (VideoLAN Movie Creator)
Do you have some cool project you use VideoLAN for? Post a link and a small description here.
- Advene (Annotate DVDs, Exchange on the Net) aims at providing a format to share annotations about movies stored on DVDs, as well as tools to edit and visualize the annotations. It uses VLC to play/extract info from the DVD's
- Annodex is a system for metadata, hyperlinking and browing media content. Their webmodule uses a customized version of our mozilla plugin
- JediMaster and friends are building a Mars balloon at the Univertsity of Kent which uses VideoLAN to stream images back to earth. Some Images.
- ControlAulas uses videolan to transmit video between students and teachers in a virtual classroom situation. It's part of the gnuLinex project and the source is available here.
Cypherpunk version of MacBeth
- People at Pirate Utopia are using VLC in a MacBeth-inspired show to display ASCII-art video.
- This is mainly a program to watch TV on PC with a dbox-2. It provides the stream in network and over the internet and takes advanced usage of VLC over libvlc.dll.
Distributed VideoLAN Server Management
- Bart Kerver from SURFnet has created software to manage multiple VideoLAN servers.
- "Miro (formerly known as Democracy). The only video player you need." is a player focused on Internet TV. It uses VLC media player as a back-end on Windows.
- Get Miro player
- Dispositif d'Enregistrement Numérique pour la Télévision sur Internet par Flux Reçus En Environnement mac osX
- Community-developed movie using free tools - free with creative commons license.
- Free ADSL uses VideoLAN around it's multi-function ADSL Modem and TV adapter as well. La fonction Multiposte permet de visionner les chaînes TV sur un ordinateur avec un client VLC. Le FreePlayer permet de visioner des vidéo ou d'écouter des fichier audio d'un ordinateur sur la télévision en utilisant VLC.
- As previously announced  , Google's video search used to use a browser plugin based on VLC.
Kantaris Media Player
- Kantaris is a new all-in-one media player that uses VLC media player for video playback and Bass audio library for audio playback.
Knots - Media streaming webapp for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and OS X
- Knots is a media streaming webapp that uses VLC media player for video transcoding. There's also a client for the Nokia n8x0 Internet tablets.
Las Vegas Security Lines
- On the Las Vegas Airport, people in line for the security checks are treated to some 'how to keep the line as short as possible' movies. These movies are being streamed with VLC.
- An article about this project
- Metavid uses the vlc mozilla plugin in a part of an all open source archive which aims to facilitate real-time collective [re]mediation of legislative proceedings.
- Mírame is a video surveillance web-based application that uses VLC to display MPEG-4 streams from Axis Network Cameras
- The Neuros OSD2 is a networked, open video recording and playback device (it's hardware) that uses VLC to allow playback of a variety of content directly on the TV. Likewise, recording from any analog source is supported.
OSSTL: Open Source Studio to Transmitter Link (STL)
- A Studio to Transmitter Link created with (mostly) Open Source Software (In use by a local FM and two local AM radio stations)
Østfold University College
- Østfold University College uses VLC to transcode and stream radio and TV channels from the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) in Ogg Vorbis and MP3; record and transcode meetings of the Norwegian Parliament; and to transcode the Norwegian movie heritage to MPEG-4 format (in co-operation with the Norwegian Film Institute).
Participatory Culture Foundation
- DTV is a webbased player for their RSS based videoblogging system that uses our mozilla plugin
- They have a vlc module for their system. Exact use unknown.
- SEMs is a University of North Dakota public outreach project that uses VLC to webcast eclipses and transits to the world.
- SinCast is a front-end for VLC that makes it easy to stream music, video, and television to multiple destinations simultaneously, and for on-demand access over HTTP. SinCast provides an integrated file/folder browser and a TV channel list for HDHomeRun networked HDTV tuners. http://www.sinderon.com
- This application is based on VLC and uses Bonjour announcements to share video broadcasts.
- UmeTV is a local TV channel in Umeå, Sweden. Anyone in Umeå with cable (>30,000 households) or UmeNet IPTV can see the channel. VideoLAN VLC is used to transfer live broadcasts via IP to the broadcasting Linux system.
- This is a Mozilla Firefox extension for finding and playing videos from web pages. Some of it's features use VLC Player.
- This is a filesystem for mounting remote protocols such as http, ftp, ... libvlc is used for streaming remote files.
- This Extension to Sailing Clicker to allow you to use a PDA or phone to control VLC trough a bluetooth connection.
- A very nice Dashboard widget that uses the VLC webinterface to control a remote VLC.
- VLC remote hompage.
VLC Romeo Plugins
- Plugins to use Romeo to control VLC trough a bluetooth PDA or phone.
VLMC (VideoLAN Movie Creator)
- Non-linear video editing software based on VLC.