Jump to navigation Jump to search
Store streaming station presets
To use VLC as a streaming client, store your station presets under the Media Library on the Playlist panel (not the bookmarks and not the actual playlist itself).
- Open the playlist panel (Ctrl-L or click on the Playlist button).
- Click on the Plus button at the bottom of the panel. (A dropdown menu will appear.)
- Select "Advanced Open" from the dropdown menu. (A new panel, named Open Media, will appear.)
- Select the "Networking" tab on the Open Media panel.
- Enter the full URL of the streaming station in the Address field. e.g. http://mystation.org:8000/mystream.ogg
- Click the Enqueue button at the bottom of the panel.