VLC Widget Project
These days widgets are ubiquitous. Not only did they enhance the functionality, they add dynamic interaction with the user. The VLC Widget project is aimed to build custom widgets in Qt/C++ using SVGs and Qt Kinetics.
Widgets Planned for VLC
- VLC MiniMode Widget: [DONE] Media Notification and Playback Controlling Widget.
- Beat Analyzer: [ONGOING] The widget shows beats like a beat analyser in WinAMP. It'll be further extended to be a new beats visualisation.
- SVG FullScreen Controller: [NA] Full Screen Controller as in VLC on Mac OS X, based on SVG like VLC MiniMode.
- Ergonomic UI/Menu/Buttons using SVGs: [NA]
- VLC Mini Mode with Video Display: Mini Mode Widget with resize-able video display.
- Playback Dashboard: SVG based Playback controller with book-marking, tagging etc. functionality.
Ongoing Projects under GSoC:
- Media Flow: Widget like Cover Flow with quick view, meta data etc. features.
- Media Grid: Widget with playlist/library listed in a grid with automatic thumbnail generated from media files.
VLC MiniMode Widget
- Author: Rohit Yadav
- About: Media Notification and Playback Controller Widget
- Status: DONE
- Qt/C++ - SVG (Using Inkscape) - Support: Linux, Windows and other OS using Qt4 interface
- Source Code: Patch Released on VLC-devel.
- Playback Slider. - Volume Control. - Playback Controls: Play, Pause, Next, Previous. - Album Art Display - Drag and Drop files to play - Widget Lock/Unlock Feature [To lock the visibility of widget] - Drag-able across the desktop - Theme-able SVG: Themes can be made using SVG and CSS.
- Hidden hack: Right Click Opens About Info and also refreshes Info on Widget
- Author: User:Rohityadav
- About: Beat Analzyer Widget and Visualisation.
- Status: OnGoing.
- Source Code: [NA]
Ergonomic UI/Menus/Buttons using SVGs
SVG based Full Screen Controller
VLC Mini Mode
'Page last updated on 4th June 2009'