VLC Widget Project
These days widgets are ubiquitous. Not only did they enhance the functionality, they add dynamic interaction with the user. The VLC Widget project is aimed to build custom widgets in Qt/C++ using SVGs and Qt Kinetics. Use the template for every widget:
- Source Code:
- Screenshot link:(if any)
- Supported VLC versions:
Widgets Planned for VLC
- Song Notifier: Notification Widget for VLC.
- SVG Full Screen Controller: Full Screen Controller as in VLC on Mac OS X.
- VLC Mini Mode: Scalable, Draggable, Resizable, Movable Mini Mode Widget like WMP.
- Beat Analyzer: The widget shows beats as in Winamp. Can be scaled to be used as a visualization.
- Playback Dashboard: SVG based Playback controller with book-marking, tagging etc. functionality.
- Media Flow: Widget like Cover Flow with quick view, meta data etc. features.
- Media Grid: Widget with playlist/library listed in a grid with automatic thumbnail generated from media files.
- Ergonomic UI/Menu/Buttons using SVGs.
- Author: Rohit Yadav
- About: Notification Widget for VLC.
- Source Code: http://www.whatifi.undo.it/gsoc/songnotifierandsvgs.tar.gz
- Screenshot: (Credits j-b) File:Http://people.videolan.org/~jb/VLC-SVG Song Notifier.png
- Supported VLC Versions: 9.9a and above.
SVG based Full Screen Controller
VLC Mini Mode
Ergonomic UI/Menus/Buttons using SVGs
'Page last updated on 15th may 2009'