- 1 VideoLAN Dev Days '13
- 2 Schedule
- 3 Places
VideoLAN Dev Days '13
The Multimedia Conference that frees the cone in you!
This is a technical un-conference, please bring laptops, cords, RJ45 cables, and a good mood with you.
- The hotel is the Ibis Avenue d'Italie.
- If you expect us to refund your travel, please bring a printed copy of your tickets, one that shows the total cost. If you are not in our reimbursement database, bring a printed IBAN too.
- On Saturday and Sunday, enter the Free HQ by the 16 Rue de la Ville-l'Évêque (plan).
- There will be a smoking area inside the building, as the entrance cannot be used once inside the building for security reasons.
- There will be a WiFi connection.
Friday, August 30th 2013
Friday is an optional day in the Asterix amusement park to bind together our community. If you wish to attend, the meeting in front of the hotel is at 8:30. There will be a bus that will be responsible for bringing everyone to and back from the park. More details on the park are available below.
- that bus and park entrance fees are paid by us, so there are NO costs with the exception of food and drinks
- do not burden yourself too much with unneeded stuff and particularly don't bring your laptop!
|8h30||Hotel||Meeting point in front of the hotel|
|10h00 – 18h00||Visit to Asterix park|
|21h00||Meeting at a local bar, for the brave...||NB: VideoLAN will not pay for expenses at the bar...|
If you cannot be present at the meeting point, you will be able to join us directly there, but you MUST tell us. For reference here are directions to the park: Take RER B3 from Paris Gare du Nord, platform 43 and get off at “Aéroport Charles De Gaulle Terminal 1, Terminal 3”. Go to the “Parcs de Loisirs” counter and board the Parc Astérix shuttle buses.
Saturday, August 31st 2013
All the meetings happen in the auditorium.
Schedule information is not currently available.
|9h30 – 10h00||Welcome, registration, coffee, juice and croissants|
|10h00 – 10h15||Welcome, VideoLAN, VLC|
|10h20 – 10h45||TBA|
|10h45 – 11h15||VLC and DCP|
|11h15 – 11h30||Coffee Break|
|11h30 – 11h45||x265|
|11h45 – 12h05||TBA|
|12h05 – 12h30||VLC 2.1.0 and next|
Individual tray meal (chicken, salmon, vegetarian or beef) with dessert and drinks.
UnConference schedule to be published...
|14h00 - 15h00||TBA||TBA||TBA||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
|15h00 - 16h00||TBA||TBA||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
|16h00 - 17h00||TBA||TBA||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
|17h00 - 18h00||TBA||TBA||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
|18h00 - 19h00||TBA||TBA||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
Restaurant du Paradis
66 Rue du Faubourg Poissonniere
Metro: Line 7, Poissonière
Starting at 20h00, dinner will consist of 2 special menus prepared by the chef. (drinks included - wine and non-alcoholic)
The menu will consist of 4 choices for starters, principal meal and deserts. There is also a vegan menu available.
Sunday, September 1st 2013
Schedule to be posted.
|9h30 - 11h00||TBD||TBD||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
|11h00 - 12h00||TBD||TBD||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
|12h00 - 13h00||TBD||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
Location: Cafeteria of Free HQ (a really beautiful and spacious place!)
Sandwiches with coleslaw or crisps and choices of drinks (including Dr Pepper) + desserts (Pecan pies, Oreo pies, lemon pies, or cheese cakes).
|14h00 - 15h00||TBD||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
|15h00 - 16h00||Hack||TBD||TBD||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
|16h00 - 17h00||Hack||TBD||Hack||Hack||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
|17h00 - 18h00||Hack||TBD||Hack||Hack||HACKING ROOM||N/A|
60128 Plailly, France
Metro / RER: B3
16 Rue de la Ville-l'Évêque
75008 Paris, France (plan)
Metro 8: Madeleine
Metro 12: Madeleine
Metro 14: Madeleine
From CDG airport, take:
the RER B (Paris by train) to Châtelet-les-Halles
then Metro line 14 to Madeleine.
- In case of emergency you can call the European emergency number 112.
- To place a call most credit cards can be used directly in public phones.