Telnet rc rewrite
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rewriting the remote control and telnet interfaces has been a long standing issue. Once the new playlist is finished in 0.8.6, we can begin merging those two interfaces ... well in fact rewriting most of the stuff.
- use new playlist
- advanced shell/telnet features (autocompletion, history, ...)
- allow multiple remote connections on the interface
- authentification: should we have only one level or several ?
- make it possible to "browse" the modules like a file system. This would be usefull to change variables which registered callbacks on the fly. (On a developer's point of view it would also simplify visualisation of the different module's interaction)
- keep backwards compatibilty with old telnet and rc modules. telnet is definitively a must have, i don't really know about rc.
- define all the commands and different features which will be needed.
- authentification method like this: Executing any script when user connecting via VoD link rtsp://server/test. If return 0 then starting streaming else not starting.