SoC 2010/DLNA UPnP Server Client Modules
|This project is part of Google Summer of Code 2010.
DLNA UPnP Server/Client Modules
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) offers a standard that many manufacturers use as a way to keep compatibility across different products that use UPnP. As of 2008, over 5,500 different devices and over 200 million sold products use the DLNA standard. This project will improve the current UPnP model, and apply the DLNA standard as Client/Server modules.
- Full UPnP Specification (Probably the best resource)
- libdlna (by gxben, supports limited DLNA: PS3, XBOX 360) IRC: #geebox
- Wikipedia UPnP
- Wikipedia DLNA
- Basic client implementation for VLC
- Official DLNA Page (Requires payment to see spec!)
- Official UPnP Page (Provides free specification)
- libupnp (DLNA Support?)
Timeline includes GSoC key dates. I will edit this as time goes along.
May 24 Start - Research, test code
May 28 Finished with research? Test cases?
July 12 Mid-Term Evaluations
July 16 Mid-Term Evaluation Due Date
August 9 Suggested Pencils Down - No new features, cleanup code, documentation, etc.
August 16 Firm Pencils Down
August 20 Final Evaluation Deadline
Catch me on freenode as Aust. Email me at atburrow at gmail dot com.