It can leverage the use of the new VLC Skin Editor.
Working and submission
You can work on your skin and submit it until May 28th, 2009 23:59UTC, which gives around 3 weeks of development.
Submission must be done in private (to avoid cheating between contestants), by mailing jb.
A public vote will be held from May 29th, 2009 to June 1st, 2009 on our main website.
Everyone can vote and the VLC developers will have a right to veto (yeah, no Colbert Skin ;) )
This skin will be the default skin for the skins2 interface for VLC 1.0.0 or any subsequent release 1.0.x, depending on when 1.0.0 gets out.
- No age limit
- Forbidden to VLC developers
- No Operating System required
- Skin should work on VLC 1.0.0-rc1 and be conform with the spec
- VLC Skins Editor can be used (advised)
- One person can submit up to 2 skins
- One person can submit a skin that was posted on videolan website in the last 3 month
- Skins should follow the following specifications
- VLT file should not be more than 400kB (400*1024 Bytes)
- VLT should be original, other player look is NOT accepted (WMP11-like or iTunes like are NOT OK)
Examples NOT OK
- No real need for a big "VLC" or "VideoLAN" text/logo
- Main window
- Play/Pause button (as a checkbox)
- Stop button
- Next button
- Previous button
- Time slider
- Volume slider
- Time ($T) & duration ($D) display
- DVD buttons (do we want them to be shown all the time ? -- of course not)
- Playlist button/checkbox (to show/hide the playlist)
- Playlist (use <Playtree>)
- Add button
- Remove button
- Video window
- Random, loop buttons
- Or : submenu
- Video window
- Fullscreen button
- Miniature mode