Difference between revisions of "QtIntfTODO"
|Line 158:||Line 158:|
Revision as of 19:36, 24 April 2007
- Play / Pause / Stop / Next / Previous
- Faster / Slower (not urgent, unused at the time)
- Volume Control:
- Sound (and sound muted if clicked)
- Open File
- Open URL
- Open Disc
- Open extended GUI / Equalizer ( 1 ? 2 ?)
- FullScreen (not urgent, unused at the time)
- Playlist :
- Add file
- Add Folder
- Repeat One / Repeat All / Search
- Add file
- Playlist item types
- Network stream
- Acquisition card
Size is up to you to decide as long as it doesn't look too big (or too small) ...
Approx size: 50x50 pixels for Simple prefs 25x25 pixels for normal prefs (like what we have in current wxWidgets)
- "Input and Codecs"
DONE on March 14th.jb 20:15, 14 March 2007 (CET)
General missing things
- Open file and advanced Open file merging ** => Integration of a QFileDialog ? Done User:J-b
- Open rep and Open file merging ** Done User:J-b
- Generic stuff ** Done User:J-b
- Acquisition tabs ** TODO
- VLM **
- extended dialogs *
- Help *
- Systray icon
Dialogs to check
- Subclass of buttons ?
- Finish Popup handling ** (especially to move things between PL and ML)
- A -> B repeat (loops from point to point B) *
- Go to time ** Done.jb 00:53, 2 April 2007 (CEST)
- Widgets *** Mostly done by User:J-b
- DIRECTORY_ITEMS Done in 19229
- FONT items
- icons centering
- We have to find an intelligent way to deal with recording
There are three entry states to Qt Interface
- Mode Integrated
In this state, you start VLC media player as a MPC or WMP. When you start VLC, you have a black video with a cone in the interface, like this one (). Your playlist is integrated in the interface like WMP. When you play music, the video_plugins are integrated in the intf. Extended GUI is separated (?)
- Mode Desintegrated
In this states, you start VLC media player as a vlc -Iwx --no-wx-embed, everything is separated, Video, playlist, etc... You can stack the extended GUI.
- Mode Minimal
This is the same mode as the Mode Integrated, but has no menu, no control at all. Everything is controlled by right click ! A hotkey combinaison can lead you to show the menu and the controls and you are back to Mode Integrated.
- ASCII schema
MM ↑ ↓ MI <====> MI_pl_detached ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ MI_video_detached <=> MD <====> MD_extended_GUI_integrated
- Extended GUI is always detached by default (?)
Some current issues being worked on or looked into.. latest reference svn-16791.
- Add a file to the playlist, drag and drop to the left panel on Playlist or Media library icon, double click on that icon (that will expand it and show the element just added), double click on the element -> CRASH
- Tools, Interface, Console (problem only applies to this option), File open file, play, close with X -> continues playing (while the vout is destroyed, audio goes on) until the Console window is "selected", then the clip really "quits".
- Height consistency on Tools, Preferences, "Basic". The Video, Audio etc. option text consists of about 4 lines height. On "All", the Advanced is only one line, while the expanded options like CPU features, Filters etc. are 2 lines again.
- File location of playing item in Windows shows forward instead of backslash (also in playlist items) -- Hum ? Looks like a core issue ? User:Zorglub -- CRASH issue when opening a 2nd file. main debug: adding item <garbage>. Does not happen in WX. When media files are in the default folder (Application Data?) then no problems occur since no path needs to be selected. Also qt4 in gdb refuses to open a file User:Trax
Unreproducible (in linux):
- Preferences, All, Audio, Filters, select Headphone then Equalizer, the show settings (to select Basic or All) and the whole left section suddenly becomes very wide/stretched. Same goes for selecting Filters, parametric equalizer right away.
- Interface, Main Interface, Skins, 2 entries of enable transparency effects
- File, Open .. think there should be a "All media types, or all supported types" listed which is default. (Also some File type listings have a space in front of them).
No fix possible or invalid:
Since I (pherthyl) am (going to be) helping with the Qt interface, I thought I'd keep a page of mockups for new UI ideas. While there are some things we need to copy from the wxWidgets interface, there are also lots of non-optimal bits of UI in the old interface that I think we should improve. Since the Qt interface isn't out yet, now is the time to make changes like this.