This page is the central coordination point of the 0.9.0 QT4 Strings review campaign, part of Things to be done for the QT Interface
See the ticket on trac.
Please sign with three tildes (~~~)
We have a new QT4 interface and it needs to be in English. Discuss any issues here.
- Check the English of all strings. Fix it. Have someone else do it again to be sure you didn't mess something up or make something too ambiguous.
- There is no need to change error-output strings, as it is probably best that they remain in their original form so that they can still be found easily. If you find any repeated error-outputs (same text for different events), inform a developer.
- If you find any code being sent to stderr via fprintf(stderr) rather than msg_Error, inform a developer (unless you know how to fix it).
- subversion command for checking out just the QT4 code:
svn checkout svn://svn.videolan.org/vlc/trunk/modules/gui/qt4 QT4Strings
- You can also use a nightly build to spot errors
What to do
- Menus and systray Menu too. jb 08:11, 27 June 2007 (CEST)
- Menus, then main interface, then tooltips, then anything remaining. --tonsofpcs 02:34, 25 October 2007 (CEST) (via j-b on IRC)
- When you begin working on a file, if necessary add it to the table, then assign your name to it. Once you finish it, mark it appropriately.
|File||First reviewer||Done?||Second reviewer||Done?||Current status|
|errors.cpp||tonsofpcs||FX||Plouj||F||1 string, changed --tonsofpcs 01:58, 27 June 2007 (CEST)|
|errors.hpp||tonsofpcs||*||*||*||No strings --tonsofpcs 01:58, 27 June 2007 (CEST)|
|extended.cpp||tonsofpcs||FX||Plouj||FX||3 Strings, 1 change ("Synchro."->"Synchronisation") Plouj 04:14, 13 Apr 2008 (CEST)|
|extended.hpp||tonsofpcs||*||*||*||No strings --tonsofpcs 02:06, 27 June 2007 (CEST)|
|gototime.cpp||tonsofpcs||FX||Plouj||F||6 strings, 3 left, 2 changed ("Go to time:" instead of long sentence, lowercase "time" in title), 1 removed (name of 'groupbox' is redundant) --tonsofpcs 02:12, 27 June 2007 (CEST)|
|gototime.hpp||tonsofpcs||*||*||*||No strings --tonsofpcs 02:13, 27 June 2007 (CEST)|
|help.cpp||tonsofpcs||PX||Plouj||FX||11 strings, 2 are paths, 4 changes Plouj 04:14, 13 Apr 2008 (CEST)|
|help.hpp||tonsofpcs||*||*||*||No strings tonsofpcs 17:27, 13 July 2007 (CEST)|
|interaction.cpp||tonsofpcs||PX||Plouj||F||4 strings (2 were error), |
For the done columns:
- L = Done locally, not submitted
- S = SVN Checked in
- P = patch submitted
- F = entire file submitted (in other words, no changes were needed)
- PX = Patch submitted, checked in
- FX = File submitted, checked in
* No strings, nothing to do