Mobile Design Player
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Those are the VLC media player mobile recommendations for the video player interface.
- single-tap => display the UI
- double-finger tap => play/pause
- swipe left/right => seek
- swipe up/down => volume on right side, brightness on left side
- double-finger swipe => so far nothing, could be longer seek
Control of the volume of media or the application
Buttons / Controls
Left upper corner
- Stop/quit button
This must be semi-transparent, (with blur on iOS).
In order of importance:
- Widest Seek Slider as possible, with time indicators (recommended on both sides) (except iOS, where this is at the top)
- Play/Pause button
- Lock button (rotation + touch)
- Access to Audio/Subtitles tracks selector HUD
- Including addition of subtitles if it makes sense (WP)
- Aspect Ratio Button (Pan/Scan)
- Access to extra panel for extra features
- OPTIONAL Next/Previous button if video playlist
- OPTIONAL DVD menu button? (rare, missing libVLC)
- Speed selector
- Sync Audio Video Subtitles tracks
- Video filters
- EQ or other audio filters
- Chapters selection
- Snapshot ??
- Access to prefs? Like for subtitles look control?