Revision as of 15:35, 19 February 2009
UNDER CONTRUCTION - IN BEARBEITUNG
Was ist VideoLAN?
VideoLAN ist ein Open Source Team und eine Gemeinde das entwickelt und Video-Projekte unterstützt.
VideoLAN produziert freie Software unter der GNU General Public Lizenz.
See how you can contact the team.
Here is a short list of the main projects hosted by the VideoLAN project:
- VLC media player, the core and main program, is a complete video solution that is a player, a live transcoder and a streamer.
- MiniSAPServer is a SAP server.
- x264, a free H264 / AVC encoder.
- libdvdcss, a C library to access DVDs without having to bother about the decryption.
- libdca, a DTS Coherent Acoustics decoder.
- libdvbpsi, a C library to decode and generate MPEG TS and DVB PSI tables.
Discover also lesser known projects.
Help the project
In this section, you can find how you can help and participate to the VideoLAN project, you being a programmer or not.
VideoLAN is also a development community that you can join.
You can help VideoLAN by developing, doing artwork, doing translations ...
The Developers Corner contains various information relative to development: Howtos, work in progress, ...
Please note that to modify the content of the Wiki, or to submit articles or FAQ questions, you need to be identified.
Please create an account, this is very fast.
Checkout the special VideoLAN wiki syntax for this wiki.
Feel free to add to this site, however, keep content appropriate and useful. This is not the place to report bugs or to request help.
See our info on bug reporting.
You can try the wiki syntax in the Sandbox, the test page.