- February 28: 0.8.6e is out and fixes security vulnerabilities. Download it and read the list of changes.
- November 30: 0.8.6d is out and fixes security vulnerabilities in ActiveX and FLAC. Read the list of changes.
- June 17: 0.8.6c is out and fixes a security vulnerability in multiple plugins, as well as several other issues. Read the list of changes.
- May 28: The students have started their GSoC projects. You can now follow their progress.
What is VideoLAN?
VideoLAN is an Open Source team and a community that develop and support video projects.
VideoLAN produces free software projects under the GNU General Public License.
See how you can contact the team.
Here is a short list of the main projects hosted by the VideoLAN project:
- VLC media player, the core and main program, is a complete video solution that is a player, a live transcoder and a streamer.
- VLS is a streaming server, used for professional streaming solutions. VLC media player can now do the same. VLS is deprecated and unmaintained.
- MiniSAPServer is a SAP server.
- x264, a free H264 / AVC encoder.
- libdvdcss, a C library to access DVDs without having to bother about the decryption.
- libdvbpsi, a C library to decode and generate MPEG TS and DVB PSI tables.
- libdca, a DTS Coherent Acoustics decoder.
Discover also lesser known projects.
Help the project
In this section, you can find how you can help and participate to the VideoLAN project, you being a programmer or not.
VideoLAN is also a development community that you can join.
You can help videolan by developing, doing artwork, doing translations ...
The Developers Corner contains various information relative to development: Howtos, work in progress, ...
Edit the Wiki!
Please note that to modify the content of the Wiki, or to submit articles or FAQ questions, you need to be identified.
Please create an account, this is very fast.
Checkout the special VideoLAN wiki syntax for this wiki.
Feel free to add to this site, however, keep content appropriate and useful. This is not the place to report bugs or to request help.
See our info on bug reporting.
You can try the wiki syntax in the Sandbox, the test page.