You can embed libVLC into your application to gain audio/video playing features.
LibVLC is already used by several applications, see who uses LibVLC?
Please refer to the Doxygen documentation, which is the reference documentation. Make sure that the documentation matches your LibVLC version (if not, you can build it from the source code).
Some further topics are covered here:
- LibVLC Memory Management explained: covers the basics on the _new(), _retain(), _release().
- LibVLC Media List Management explained: covers the basics on settubg up a playlist.
- Generate a .lib for using libVLC on Windows
- Use LibVLC in an SDL application
- Generate thumbnails using LibVLC (out-of-date)
- Use LibVLC in an Qt application (out-of-date)
- Stream into a memory zone
- VCL component for Delphi (out-of-date)
LibVLC is a C library. It has bindings to the following other languages and frameworks: