Here are the following ways to help us.
- You are a designer
- You are a writer
- You are someone who is proficient with computers
- You have good English language skills
- You have access to fast servers
- You are a coder in C/C++/Objective-C/ASM
- You are a sysadmin (Linux)
- You are a Maintainer/Packager
- You are Google
- You are Microsoft
- You are Coverity
- You are Mozilla
- You are none of the above
If you are a programmer, you can help us by integrating the project:
- New features
- Features improvement
- Bug Tracking
- Code cleaning
- Porting to a new platform
If don't feel like taking on such a huge task, we suggest you take a look at our Code Janitorial project page.
If you don't feel comfortable working on code but are a native speaker of the English language, look at Strings Review.
Also take a look at our Mini Projects Page.
Get started in the Developers Corner.
Maintainer / Packager
If you know how to package for your special distribution/OS, please do so. Help us port VLC media player to as many platforms as possible.
- Like writing
- Like VLC
- Have never used VLC
- Run into a problem and end up solving it
You can help us make our documentation better!
Help us give the best support to everyone.
On each of these pages is a "Discussion link" - add something there if you find a page here confusing or incorrect.
You can help with your design skills by:
- Repairing and updating the websites
- Create new skins
- Create new icons, screenshots, etc... See the design page
You can test and report bugs. You can enter the quality team.
You can help to promote VLC by:
- Subscribing to VLC on Freshmeat
- Talking about VLC to your friends and family
- Donating money
See here for more details.