Jump to navigation Jump to search
|First VLC version||0.8.0|
|Last VLC version||-|
|Description||Synchronise remote VLC instances|
Use this module to keep several clients synchronised on a single VLC stream.
- netsync-master : Act as master default value: disabled
- netsync-master-ip <string> : Master client ip address default value: ""
Common uses of this module are:
- Synchronise lots of loud PC speakers during a party;
- Synchronise several computers playing parts of a video wall.
Here's a small example:
- We're going to be listening to a multicast stream.
- Run a client as master syncronisation client (master has IP address 192.168.0.1):
% vlc udp://@126.96.36.199 --control netsync --netsync-master
- And on the other clients:
% vlc udp://@188.8.131.52 --control netsync --netsync-master-ip 192.168.0.1