Pages in the "Documentation" namespace are part of the official VLC media player documentation.
All pages in this namespace are licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Note: Parts of this documentation are currently outdated or incomplete. If you have good knowledge of a particular subject and feel that it could be documented better, please update the appropriate wiki page.
User documentation for everyone.
- VLC Interface 1.2 on Windows 7
- Basic_Use/Interface_OSX DOWNLOAD
- Introduction to VideoLAN and VLC http://sourceforge.net/projects/vlc/files/1.1.11/win32/vlc-1.1.11-win32.exe/download
Overview and history of the VideoLAN project.
Installation instructions for a variety of computers.
- VLC Usage
- How to play audio/video materials with the VLC media player. (For versions 0.9 and newer)
- Short introduction to the interface of the VLC Media Player
- Playing audio (e.g. visualization, selection of devices)
- Playing video (e.g. cropping, screen-/snapshots)
- Navigation through media files (e.g. chapters, bookmarks)
- Creating and managing playlists
- Selection of subtitles
- Video and Audio Filters
- Usage of VLC's filters (equalizer, video filters)
- How to create snap-/screenshots
- Configuration of VLC's hotkeys
- Solutions for some common problems
- Advanced Use
- Advanced instruction on streams, filters, plug-ins and more.
- Using VLC inside a webpage
- How to build webpages that use the VLC Web plugin.
- Uninstallation instructions.
This document explains how to stream, transcode and save streams using the VideoLAN solution. OUTDATED
NOTE: See Streaming HowTo New for more updated information regarding streaming (WIP).
This document will detail the inner workings of VLC and its source code.
This document references most of the VLC modules and their options as well as some example uses.
Please read the Documentation Editing Guidelines before you edit the documentation