Pages in the "Documentation" namespace are part of the official VLC media player documentation.
All pages in this namespace are licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Note: many parts of this documentation are currently outdated / obsolete. If you have good knowledge of a particular subject and feel that it could be documented better, please update the appropriate wiki page.
This document will be an introduction to VLC from version 0.9.0 and above. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
User documentation for everyone.
- Introduction to VideoLAN and VLC
- Overview and history of the VideoLAN project.
- Installation instructions for a variety of computers.
- VLC Usage
- How to play audio/video materials with the VLC media player. (For versions 0.9 and newer)
- Advanced Use
- Advanced instruction on streams, filters, plug-ins and more.
- Using VLC inside a webpage
- How to build webpages that use the VLC Web plugin.
- Uninstallation instructions.
This document explains how to stream, transcode and save streams using the VideoLAN solution. OUTDATED
NOTE: See Streaming HowTo New for more updated information regarding streaming (WIP).
This document will detail the inner workings of VLC and its source code.
This document references most of the VLC modules and their options as well as some example uses.
Please read the Documentation Editing Guidelines before you edit the documentation