|VLC can encode and decode this container. |
The module name to use at the command line is asf, but you can also use asfh.
Advanced Streaming Format (or ASF, later renamed into Advanced Systems Format) is Microsoft's proprietary digital audio/digital video container format, especially meant for streaming media. ASF is part of the Windows Media framework.
When encoding to ASF formet, you can use the following options:
- --sout-asf-title (string)
- --sout-asf-author (string)
- --sout-asf-copyright (string)
- --sout-asf-comment (string)
- --sout-asf-rating (string)
- For use in comments (meta information) in the ASF file
- --sout-asf-packet-size (integer)
- Packet size. Default is 4096