|VLC can encode and decode this container. |
The module name to use at the command line is asf, but you can also use asfh.
Advanced Streaming Format (or ASF, later renamed into Advanced Systems Format) is Microsoft's proprietary digital audio/digital video container format, especially meant for streaming media. ASF is part of the Windows Media Framework.
Windows Media Files: ASF files have the file extension .asf, but ASF files which contain Windows Media codecs are often given the file extension .wmv or .wma.
When encoding to ASF format, you can use the following options:
- --sout-asf-title (string)
- --sout-asf-author (string)
- --sout-asf-copyright (string)
- --sout-asf-comment (string)
- --sout-asf-rating (string)
- For use in comments (meta information) in the ASF file
- --sout-asf-packet-size (integer)
- Packet size. Default is 4096
- modules/mux/asf.c (output muxer)
- modules/demux/asf (input demuxer)