Can't we automatically build this list by searching all the pages using the "howto" template ? -- Dionoea 17:30, 20 January 2006 (CET)
- Adding the template should automatically add the page to Category:How To, so we can use that. There's a few on the list that are all on one page (so aren't listed there) and also for some reason How to Create a DVD isn't listed there. --H2g2bob 17:53, 20 January 2006 (CET)
- Please read Template_talk:Howto and post comments there. --tonsofpcs 09:33, 21 January 2006 (CET)
Curating this section of the wiki
I plan on renaming all ~70 Category:How To pages in the next few days; I think the wiki might benefit from being organized – specifically; I want to cut down on duplicate articles being in circulation, and help readers find what they're looking for on the first try. The following is a record of what I'm doing (and will do, if my weekend is otherwise uneventful).
I'm going to borrow Wikipedia's system and apply it to only these 70 articles:
- Articles should be written in sentence case, i.e., don't capitalize the second or subsequent words in an article title, unless the title is a proper name
- Article titles should be clear and predictable
- Singular forms of words are preferred
The parent page will be VLC HowTo, so we can have (for example) VLC HowTo/Do something cool.
I hope to merge/delete duplicate titles in this category (how did we get at least 4 separate articles regarding setting brightness/contrast alone?) and make article titles more sensible.
Hope this will be an improvement! DoesItReallyMatter (talk) 05:02, 30 October 2016 (CET)