(Redirected from Projects)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here is a short list of the main projects hosted by the VideoLAN project:
- VLC media player, the core and main program, is a complete video solution that is a player, a live transcoder and a streamer.
- x264, a free H264 / AVC encoder.
- LibVLC Python bindings.
- LibVLC Java bindings.
- LibVLC Common Intermediary Language bindings, i.e. the LibVLC .Net bindings.
- VLMa a web application to manage several VLC at the same time.
- DVBlast MPEG-2/TS demux and streaming application.
- libdvdcss, a C library to access DVDs without having to bother about the decryption.
- libdvbpsi, a C library to decode and generate MPEG TS and DVB PSI tables.
- libdca, a DTS Coherent Acoustics decoder.
Deprecated, old projects and libraries
- VLS is a streaming server, used for professional streaming solutions. The VLC media player can now do the same. Please use the VLC media player.
- MiniSAPServer is a SAP sending server, used with VLS. VLC can now do the same.
- VLCS, the mini VideoLAN Channel Server, can tell the client what is the multicast address associated to a channel.
- VLMS, the VideoLAN Mini Server.
- libdvdplay, is a simple library designed for DVD navigation. It depends on libdvdread (which can optionally use libdvdcss). Use libdvdnav.